incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1377138 - /incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/development/releases/3.4.1.html
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:38:48 GMT
I found this commit from Marcus, from a few days ago:

> Author: marcus
> Date: Fri Aug 24 22:17:10 2012
> New Revision: 1377138
> Log:
> #i120681# Updated the link to JRE 6 to point to the lastest build instead of a fixed
version.

Now, the idea of updating the link is correct, but if I recall correctly
the safest solution is to download the file we explicitly mentioned (see
the diff at the URL above for more details): downloading a certain JRE
version will still leave the doubt on whether the user should get 32-bit
or 64-bit files, like the ones listed in
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-6u32-downloads-1594646.html

Unless we know that all work (and from what I heard not all of them do)
it would be good to at least mention they need to use the "Windows x86
Offline (32-bit)" file, but not having tried I won't change the page
again. Did anybody try?

Regards,
   Andrea.