incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Harvey <ian_har...@bigpond.com>
Subject Building OpenOffice with Visual Studio 2010
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:51:28 GMT
I have been experimenting with building OpenOffice (trunk) with Visual
Studio 2010.  I have made some progress, but clearly more work remains.
Is there an appropriate place to document/share/seek advice on progress
to date within the projects' infrastructure? Perhaps an issue in Bugzilla?

Navigating the build system has been challenging.  Pointers to
information to highlight how the build system works (so that any changes
to accomodate VS2010 I make don't work contrary to the intent of its
designers) would be appreciated.

The use of stlport by the Windows build causes some of the issues that I
have encountered, perhaps through ignorance on my part about how stlport
should be used.  Is the intention to continue using stlport, or should I
investigate excising stlport from a hypothetical VS2010 build?

Thanks for any advice,

IanH