incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: [WWW]Some trouble with the new URLs for the forums
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 18:00:57 GMT
On 2012/08/27 00:15, Dave Fisher said:

> On Aug 26, 2012, at 8:03 AM, RGB ES wrote:

>>> Are we exposing two different URL's for the forums, with the same
>>> content?
>>
>> Exactly. You can enter the forum from both, the user.service... and
>> the forum.openoffice... addresses.
>
> I know what we need to do. We need to either:
>
> (1) Deploy Apache Traffic Server in front of the Forums on the ooo-forums VM. We have
that on ooo-wiki which is why that redirection works better.

> (2) Modify the apache.conf on ooo-forums VM to do a permanent redirection.

    This part I'm planning.  Not done yet because there is still problem
with forum session handling, and I'm still investigating.  Any hint is
welcome.

> There are probably actions the forum sysadmin needs to take.
>
> The runbooks for both ooo-wiki and ooo-forums need to be checked if they are fully up
to date. TerryE's falling out with Infra was in part over Infra's understandable requirement
that the runbooks be quickly consumable by anyone in text. He refused and so these are at
risk.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>