incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From B G Scott <bg.sc...@comcast.net>
Subject Long Startup Delay
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2012 16:47:19 GMT
I just installed OO 3.4.1 and the package seems to work well. The only
problem noted thus far is that the startup process seems to take an
exceptionally long time. I'm driving a Mac Mini with 2Gb of ram at 2GHz
and have not experienced long startup delays with any other software.
The spinning CD of death is active for so long that I originally thought
the package was hung and did a force-quit.

Long ago, the same problem occurred under MS Windows because they were
employing a pay-as-you-go approach. Could you be encountering something
similar?