incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: 3.4.1 Crashes on MacOS 10.7.4
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2012 09:49:12 GMT
On 2012/08/25 16:26, Fernando Cassia said:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 5:05 AM, imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>>     Thank you, but that link is for 64bit Java.  Shouldn't the user
>> download and install 32bit Java?
>
> Hmm did some more research.
>
> According to this:
> https://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/entry/oracle_jdk_and_javafx_sdk
>
> ---
> Oracle's JDK and JavaFX release supports OS X Lion on any 64-bit
> capable Intel-based Mac. Specifically, ___our implementation is 64-bit
> only so it requires a 64-bit operating system___.
>
> (snip)
>
> What if I want a 32-bit JVM, or support for older PPC-based Macs?
> There are community efforts based on OpenJDK to build JDK 7 for other
> configurations, easily found using your favorite search engine. We
> applaud these efforts! :-)
> ---
>
> So if I read that right Oracle´s official Java7 for OSX is 64-bit
> only, but community builds of OpenJDK (which is the same source code
> base) are provided in 32-bit version.
>
> That means you probably want to try this
> http://code.google.com/p/openjdk-osx-build/downloads/detail?name=OpenJDK-OSX-1.7-universal-u6-jre-b24-20120813.dmg
> (there are separate builds named x64 so I guess the above is 32bit)
>
> Source page:
> http://code.google.com/p/openjdk-osx-build/
>
> Keep in mind I´m shooting in the dark here as I have no Mac to test.

    Thank you for the diagnosis.  I shall tell the user to try it.

    Also, the user reports a screen capture to me, saying that he cannot
click on either the Don't Restore Windows or the Restore Windows button.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/339560_146581208814235_962267326_o.jpg

    I suppose this dialog is generated by the system, right?  Or will
hanged OpenOffice block the dialog from receiving the focus?  (Sorry I
do not know anything about MacOS.)

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>