incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Defect Status wiki
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 20:29:09 GMT
On 22/08/2012 Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>    (2) I'm not sure what's the difference between the status *Verified* and
> *Closed*. IMO all the defects verified should finally be closed.

In the old OpenOffice.org project, where the QA process was probably
more formal, the meaning were the following:
- Verified: a developer snapshot (in binary form) contains the fix
- Closed: a stable version (in binary form) contains the fix

So in theory one should now go through all the VERIFIED issues, check
them with version 3.4.1 and set them to RESOLVED CLOSED if the fix works.

In practice the code now has fewer complexities than it used to have (it
had dozens of "Child workspaces", or CWS, where development was done) so
it's understandable that we take a lighter approach on this too.

Regards,
   Andrea.