incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <>
Subject Re: Easy Crashing with 3.4.1 RC2
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 04:56:45 GMT
On 2012/08/23 16:06, Rory O'Farrell said:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:49:15 +0800
> imacat <> wrote:
>> On 2012/8/23 03:20pm, Rory O'Farrell said:
>>> Have you tried the usual first course with OpenOffice, namely renaming your User
Profile, or logging on as a different User, so as to iuse a default profile?
>>     Hmm...  This worth a try.  I was not reminded of it.  I shall come
>> back later.
>>     My OSs are Windows 7, Debian Squeeze, Fedora 17, openSUSE 12.1, etc.

    Thanks to Raphael's persistent help, it seems to be a problem to my
older profile.  After removed the {profile}/3/user/extensions folder and
it works fine now.  I suppose it is a problem using 3.2 along with 3.4.

>>> Also, please let us know your Operating System.
> I have 3.4.1 running on Ubuntu 11.10.  My use is mainly for text editing, but I have
done very little of that in the past few days; I have had no crashes.
> Personal experience and reports on the User Forum indicate that the default startup User
Profile can sometimes be corrupt, even on "clean" (i.e, no previous OO) installs.  We on the
Forum know that a very large proportion of OpenOffice problems can be cured by using a new
User Profile.  In the case of an advanced user, with much customisation in the profile, it
is possible to rename the old profile and later bring forward components individually to the
new profile until the bad component is isolated.  Life is not long enough for this, in my

Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <>

<<Woman's Voice>> News:
Tavern IMACAT's