incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BAD link
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:18:22 GMT
On 8/23/12 2:00 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 8/23/12 1:27 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

>>> It seems the langpacks for en-US are completely missing:
>>>
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.4.1/
>>>

>> Missing on the Apache dist servers as well, e.g.:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/stable/3.4.1/
>>
>> We'll nede Juergen to upload that and SF to copy it.  With the time
>> zone difference (Hamburg versus California) this will not happen
>> quickly.
>
> seems that I missed the en-US language packs, I will upload them
>

>> Looking at the download stats I see it gets around 400 downloads per
>> day.    What if we pointed to the Apache mirrors tonight, and then
>> switch to SF once it is ready?
>>
>> The links would start with:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dyn/aoo-closer.cgi/incubator/ooo/files/stable/3.4.1/
>>

> sounds ok to me and will cause not too much traffic temporary until the
> mirrors are synched.

I was too fast and should have read the thread completely.

I can't remember the reason why I left out the en-US lang packs, we
should check if they are necessary at all or if en-US is always there.

We should remove the link for now until we have checked it.

I will also do more checks on the staging pages to get an overview where
we exactly are ...

Juergen