incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Easy Crashing with 3.4.1 RC2
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 11:10:52 GMT
Hi,

On 23.08.2012 10:34, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Am 23.08.12 10:21, schrieb imacat:
>> On 2012/08/23 16:06, Rory O'Farrell said:

your User Profile, or logging on as a different User, so as to iuse a default profile?

>>> I have 3.4.1 running on Ubuntu 11.10.  My use is mainly for text editing, but
I have done very little of that in the past few days; I have had no crashes.

>>> Personal experience and reports on the User Forum indicate that the default startup
User Profile can sometimes be corrupt, even on "clean" (i.e, no previous OO) installs.  We
on the Forum know that a very large proportion of OpenOffice problems can be cured by using
a new User Profile.  In the case of an advanced user, with much customisation in the profile,
it is possible to rename the old profile and later bring forward components individually to
the new profile until the bad component is isolated.  Life is not long enough for this, in
my opinion!

>>      Sorry for being stupid.  It works after renaming the user profile on
>> Debian.  Sorry that I was not reminded of this solution.
>>
>>      There may be another issue for us to make OpenOffice more resistnce
>> to corrupted profiles.  But that's another problem.
>>
>>      I shall test my other OSs now.
>>
> The big question is, why you have the same problem at souveral different
> system at the same time. This can't be a random for my point of view.
> Let's investegate a bit more time in this problem. I feel realy not
> comfortable with such a situation. :-(

Until now, I could not reproduce this behavior.
May be it would help, if somebody who had this problem, keeps her/his profile
folder and shares it.

Best regards, Oliver.