incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From imacat <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>
Subject Re: Easy Crashing with 3.4.1 RC2
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:21:26 GMT
On 2012/08/23 16:06, Rory O'Farrell said:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:49:15 +0800
> imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>
>> On 2012/8/23 03:20pm, Rory O'Farrell said:

>>> Have you tried the usual first course with OpenOffice, namely renaming your User
Profile, or logging on as a different User, so as to iuse a default profile?

>>     Hmm...  This worth a try.  I was not reminded of it.  I shall come
>> back later.
>>
>>     My OSs are Windows 7, Debian Squeeze, Fedora 17, openSUSE 12.1, etc.
>>

>>> Also, please let us know your Operating System.
>>>

> I have 3.4.1 running on Ubuntu 11.10.  My use is mainly for text editing, but I have
done very little of that in the past few days; I have had no crashes.

> Personal experience and reports on the User Forum indicate that the default startup User
Profile can sometimes be corrupt, even on "clean" (i.e, no previous OO) installs.  We on the
Forum know that a very large proportion of OpenOffice problems can be cured by using a new
User Profile.  In the case of an advanced user, with much customisation in the profile, it
is possible to rename the old profile and later bring forward components individually to the
new profile until the bad component is isolated.  Life is not long enough for this, in my
opinion!

    Sorry for being stupid.  It works after renaming the user profile on
Debian.  Sorry that I was not reminded of this solution.

    There may be another issue for us to make OpenOffice more resistnce
to corrupted profiles.  But that's another problem.

    I shall test my other OSs now.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw>