incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) RC2
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 22:15:11 GMT
Am 08/22/2012 11:19 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:

We can now proceed

to start the upload,

tomorrow

ensure the links

#4, so volunteers

>>> I just chatted with Roberto.  He says they are ready!
>>>
>>> So can we all get our page changes onto staging?  No one publish yet.
>>> But lets get the updated announcement, release notes, and especially
>>> the updated download pages in place.
>>>
>>> We can do a quick sanity check and if no problems are found then we
>>> can publish them later tonight.
>>>
>>> I'll hold off the announcement until tomorrow morning, giving some
>>> extra time for any errors to be reported at low volume before we turn
>>> on the fire hose!
>>

>> OK, I've sent the website updates into staging.
>>

> Great.  Thanks.
>
> I see your changes here:  http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/
>
> And here:  http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/other.html
>
> It would be good to have some volunteers test that page to make sure
> there are no broken links.
>
> And what about the legacy pages:
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/index.html
>
> and
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/other.html
>
> These point to OOo 3.3.0.  I suppose makes sense.  But where would

Sure

> someone go to find AOO 3.4.0?  Do we have a link for that?

As long as they are not moved to the ASF archive a link to it doesn't
make sense. But when transferred, then a link to the ASF archives is
easy to add.

>> The next publish should make them public. E.g., an update with a little news
>> paragraph on "www.openoffice.org/index.html" to show that AOO 3.4.1 is new
>> and now available. ;-)
>>

> OK.  I've updated the banner announcement link to point to the blog post.

Great

> I also updated the Arabic NL page, which I did not think myself
> capable of doing, until I found it was in English:
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/ar/index.html
>
> I'll see if there are any other NL pages that I can easily update.

I'll do it for the German website.

> Anything else?  What are we missing?  This seems too easy.

I still need to update the porting page. But thats not really relevant
for AOO 3.4.1.

Marcus

>> @Michael:
>> FYI
>>
>> The downloads for Slovak are referring still to SourceForge directly. When
>> you have finished updating the sk links on your NL webpage, then we can
>> change the main download portal to refer first to the sk website.
>>
>> Marcus

OpenOffice 3.4.1

the RESULT tag in the

OpenOffice 3.4.1