incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) RC2
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:03:56 GMT
Am 08/22/2012 10:18 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:

We can now proceed

>>> I'm at home now and just found this mail which seems to be the latest in
>>> this thread and for the 3.4.1 release.
>>>
>>> Is everything uploaded, distributed and available for public download?
>>> I had no chance yet to check myself, so I'm simply asking. ;-)
>>>

>> We were waiting for the sync to finish, distributing the files to the
>> US and EU distribution servers:
>>
>> http://www.us.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/
>>
>> It looks that looks like it recently completed.
>>
>> Just need a go ahead from Roberto.
>>

> I just chatted with Roberto.  He says they are ready!
>
> So can we all get our page changes onto staging?  No one publish yet.
> But lets get the updated announcement, release notes, and especially
> the updated download pages in place.
>
> We can do a quick sanity check and if no problems are found then we
> can publish them later tonight.
>
> I'll hold off the announcement until tomorrow morning, giving some
> extra time for any errors to be reported at low volume before we turn
> on the fire hose!

OK, I've sent the website updates into staging.

The next publish should make them public. E.g., an update with a little
news paragraph on "www.openoffice.org/index.html" to show that AOO 3.4.1
is new and now available. ;-)

@Michael:
FYI

The downloads for Slovak are referring still to SourceForge directly.
When you have finished updating the sk links on your NL webpage, then we
can change the main download portal to refer first to the sk website.

Marcus

>> If he says it is ready on their side can move our changes to staging
>> and do some quick testing to make sure we don't have any broken links.
>>
>> Actually, we can move to staging now if we want.  But just be careful
>> everyone not to publish yet.
>>
>> -Rob
>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Marcus