incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r829379 - in /websites/production/ooo-site: cgi-bin/ content/
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 06:05:01 GMT
sebb wrote:
> On 21 August 2012 22:23, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>> Why?  Could very well have a "publish all changes" mode (the current
>> only option) alongside the "cherry picking" (publish only selected file)
>> mode.
> This thread started because something was published inadvertently.

No, this thread started because people (including me) who did want to
publish their changes only, and who routinely used the "Diff" command in
the CMS to examine what would be published, were forced to take the "all
or nothing" approach (you will find me noting this in the log messages too).

> If the purpose of the enhancement is to prevent this happening, then
> there needs to be some barrier that prevents inadvertent publication.

This would be an extra guarantee, but probably an unnecessary
complication for what we have seen so far. Ability to publish one
directory only would already help a lot.

View raw message