incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need to Revisit RAT Excludes and Wildcards
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:13:26 GMT
On 8/21/12 12:05 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> We are really getting ahead of ourselves.
>
> We have a legitimate -1 IPMC vote on our release, it might get changed - Marvin asked
for confirmation that the IPMC votes are based only on the official SOURCE release.

> I looked again at the rat-excludes and we should look into a small handful of binary
files that slip through. Most are "test" files and should be OK, but there are a small number
that are not. If we have a plan to remove them and/or show that they are unused and harmless
it may be that Marvin will be convinced to change his vote.

> Someone should inspect these wildcards in the source tree
> **/*.dbf
> **/*.dbt
> **/*.jar
> **/*.zip
> **/*.class
> **/*.dll
> **/*.exe
> **/*.mdb
>
> E.G.
>
> $ find . -name "*.jar"
> ./avmedia/source/java/avmedia.jar
> ./qadevOOo/testdocs/qadevlibs/JobExecutor.jar
> ./qadevOOo/testdocs/qadevlibs/MyPersistObjectImpl.jar
> ./stax/download/README_stax-1.2.0.jar
> ./testautomation/global/input/xslt_stylesheets/docbook.jar
> ./testautomation/global/input/xslt_stylesheets/excel.jar
> ./testautomation/global/input/xslt_stylesheets/word.jar
> ./testautomation/global/input/xslt_stylesheets/xhtml.jar
> ./testgraphical/ui/java/ConvwatchGUIProject/dist/ConvwatchGUIProject.jar
> ./xmlsecurity/test_docs/tools/httpserv/dist/httpserv.jar
>
> $ ls -lart ./avmedia/source/java
> total 208
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff     48 Nov  1  2011 manifest
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff  15776 Nov  1  2011 avmedia.jar
> drwxr-xr-x@ 10 dave  staff    340 Nov  1  2011 ..
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff   6553 Nov  7  2011 FrameGrabber.java
> drwxr-xr-x@  3 dave  staff    102 Nov  7  2011 x11
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff  21629 Nov  7  2011 WindowAdapter.java
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff  20064 Nov  7  2011 PlayerWindow.java
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff   2120 Nov  7  2011 MediaUno.java
> drwxr-xr-x@  3 dave  staff    102 Nov  7  2011 win
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff   9906 Nov  7  2011 Player.java
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff   4367 Nov  7  2011 Manager.java
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff   2132 Jan 19  2012 makefile.mk
> -rw-r--r--@  1 dave  staff   1230 Jan 19  2012 avmedia.jar.component
> drwxr-xr-x@ 14 dave  staff    476 Jan 19  2012 .
>
> $ jar tvf ./avmedia/source/java/avmedia.jar
>    104 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>   1277 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 MediaUno.class
>   4872 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 Player.class
>   8279 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 PlayerWindow.class
>   7738 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 WindowAdapter.class
>      0 Thu Jun 10 19:46:36 PDT 2010 avmedia/
>      0 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 avmedia/META-INF/
>    104 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 avmedia/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>   1418 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 SystemWindowAdapter.class
>   3883 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 FrameGrabber.class
>   2066 Thu Jun 10 20:27:16 PDT 2010 Manager.class
>
> It looks like the jar file is unnecessary, but it may be in use.

I have already respond on general incubator to address
./xmlsecurity/test_docs/tools/httpserv/dist/httpserv.jar
./testgraphical/ui/java/ConvwatchGUIProject/dist/ConvwatchGUIProject.jar

both are the result of the checke din NetBeans projects and "dist"
folder was probably check in by mistake. And the second mistake is that
the "dist" folder is not moved in the global output directory on the module.

the same is probably true for avmedia but here it is no NetBeans project

I have proposed to address and fix it on trunk and don't prevent the
release for now.

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> PS. Sure glad that we did as suggested by Pedro ;-)

what exactly do you mean here, what has Pedro suggested? I don't see a
direct connection here. I only see a lot of controversial information
and different opinions flowing around that needs probably some general
and written down definition that makes it 100% clear for everybody.

And of course the currently found issues could have been addressed by
anybody if they were found earlier.

Juergen