incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r829379 - in /websites/production/ooo-site: cgi-bin/ content/
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 00:07:03 GMT
Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> - who isn't aware of the consequences of her/his changes
> (do you all know that a change on a NL webpage will also
> publish everything else in staging?)

Yes, and I consider it a bug (an inconvenience, say). But anyway, the
most reasonable option to me is preparing the full site, including all
new pages, and wait until to the last minute only for updating links
from the home page. So everything will be ready but final links will be
added when we release.

Otherwise, it's OK for me if we decide not to publish, but internal
links will need some guesswork. Anyway, I can perfectly avoid publish
operations in the next days (it's actually easier for me, since I tend
to use SVN directly to create and edit pages, and I have to use the CMS
only for publishing; this is just a matter of personal habits, nothing
related to the CMS performance or operations).

Regards,
   Andrea.