incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:05:34 GMT
Am 08/20/2012 06:19 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

>>> hmmmm...I didn't realize that the winPenPack port is also listed on the
>>> first page, the porting page. I don't remember seeing this earlier
>>> today.
>>> Do we really want to do this? Is this really a "port" or a
>>> "distribution"?
>>
>> Indeed it's more a distribution, but as discussed the porting page is
>> already there and has more visibility, so I agree to put both
>> distributions and ports there.
>>
>> Maybe we could adapt the title and descriptions to say that the page
>> lists all third-party packages, including ports and distributions such
>> as portable versions.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andrea.
>
> OK, I re-read through this thread just now. I guess it was agreed (or
> not refuted at any rate) that because the "porting" page was a known
> entity and the non_ASF page was not (not even linked anywhere) to put
> winPenPack on porting.

Thats what I wrote a few days ago and nobody objected. ;-) So, I've
added it to the webpage.

> Yes, we should change the title. Other statements we have in the
> Distribution FAQ will need to be changed as well because of this.
> We should supply additional information on what the criteria is for
> being listed on the newly designed "porting" page.

We could transfer the text from the non-ASF page and adapt it slightly
to fit both puposes:

a) list all binary release work that is done outside the ASF.
b) list all binary release work on platforms others that the, hm, lets
say mainstream.

Marcus