incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r829379 - in /websites/production/ooo-site: cgi-bin/ content/
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:49:52 GMT
Am 08/19/2012 10:45 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Dave Fisher wrote:
>> We were supposed to wait to publish.
>>> Author: pescetti
>>> Date: Sun Aug 19 15:08:26 2012
>>> New Revision: 829379
>
> What did I publish? If it was only (like the diff showed)
> http://www.openoffice.org/it/stampa/comunicati/aoo341.html
> then it's OK to have it online. It's not linked and I prefer to prepare
> pages online in advance and only link them at the last minute.
>
> If I accidentally published something else, just let me know, but from
> the diff it seemed I was only going to publish the page above and that
> was intentional... Unless we want to keep the pages offline (on staging)
> until the announcement, but then there's the risk that we cannot catch
> errors in internal links.

@all:

Sorry but IMHO this process failed. Just today evening (Hamburg time) 
someone has published again website changes.

If we rely on a process that is so fragile, then IMHO we shouldn't do 
this. Because there will be always somebody:

- who doesn't know this

- who isn't aware of the consequences of her/his changes
   (do you all know that a change on a NL webpage will also
   publish everything else in staging?)

- who hasn't seen a "please don't publish the website until further
   notice" mail
   (to be honest, I haven't seen a clear note that is
   forbidden at the moment, too)

- etc.

The other solution would be to completely not change anything (incl. no 
commits) to the website until the release is, e.g., 1 hour away which is 
also nothing I would like to see as it's not flexible enough.

Are there other opinions/suggestions?

My 2 ct.

Marcus

Mime
View raw message