incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS]: I would like to propose a new conversion mode parameter
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:54:12 GMT
Hi,

OpenOffice is not only used as desktop application but also as hidden
part of other software and often as a conversion engine in the backend.

OpenOffice has very good filters for many file formats and the usage as
a conversion engine is straight forward. And the conversion from one
format into another can be improved and optimized by some special
handling of parts of the document.

For example external linked parts can be ignored and don't have to be
loaded during conversion, embedded images can be simply copied etc.

I would like to improve AOO for this kind of usage by introducing a new
parameter "-conversionmode". It's not comparable with the command line
parameter "-headless" or the "hidden" property for loadComponentFromUrl().

The intention of this new global option is to have it available
everywhere in the underlying code to optimize the performance of the
conversion.

This should have no influence/impact on the normal workflow but will
help to make AOO potentially more attractive for backend usage. Means it
will help to grow the broader eco-system around AOO.

Juergen