incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.4.1 release notes now on the web server
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:11:46 GMT

On 08/18/2012 05:05 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> Kay Schenk wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Keith N. McKenna <
>> keith.mckenna@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> I was just starting on making a change to the Release Notes on
>>> the wiki when I saw your post. The change was to be a link to the
>>> porting page for FreeBSD, etc.
>>>
>>> I admit to being a total novice when it comes to HTML editing,
>>> but if there is a way to easily make the change without a high
>>> probability of screwing something else up I would be happy to try
>>> and do it.
>>>
>>> Regards Keith
>>>

>> Well, you could supply what you want to say here and I'll be happy
>> to take care of it if you're nto comfortable with this.
>>
>> And, Thank You, Andrea for supplying the warning about making
>> changes to the cwiki version -- why didn't I think of that? :/
>>

> Kay;
>
> Than you very much or the offer to make the change. This close to a
> release I would hate to have my novice ineptitude screw anything up.

Well I doubt you could do much harm.

> The text I was going to add was. A number of community members are
> working on ports or Solaris, FreeBSD, and OS/2. You can learn more
> rom our Porting page at: http://www.openoffice.org/porting/

Super -- yes, I was just thinking of doing something similar, and
actually expanding the list of what we do have as "official" platform
releases. So, will do!

> I there is documentation on an easy way to make these kind of changes
>  that you can point me to it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully
> I can learn enough to be at least quasi-comfortable in the future.

see the CMS Reference page: http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html

You can watch Rob's videos! :)

It's pretty easy but you do need to know html.

> Regards Keith

MzK

"Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think."
                                    -- Niels Bohr