incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: build guide on download page?
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 23:26:37 GMT
Am 08/17/2012 12:36 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Aug 16, 2012, at 3:07 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

>>> Good idea. We just need to decide which webpage to link to.
>>>
>>> I've seen in another thread that Dave had some problems to build AOO. It
>>> seems we have (at least) 2 webpages that describe how to build on your
>>> own. So ...
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>>

>> Right, so here is a question/idea.
>>
>> Andre pointed Dave to this wiki page --
>>
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
>>
>> we also have a bunch of build flags for each environment listed on:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1
>>
>> Should we either 1) incorporate the build flags on Building_Guide_AOO page
>>
>> or 2) link to them from the Building_Guide_AOO page
>
> Link to them - the one's used on the builds include some choices that the various builders
have made which don't exactly match the instructions on the various guides. For example, J├╝rgen
has put downloaded prerequisites.

> These are good examples.

I've changed the link also on ".../download/index.html" to refer to the
Building_Guide_AOO page. Will be live with the next publish.

Marcus

>> Also, I will change the link on the source page in the project site to go to Building_Guide_AOO
instead of the one that is there now.