incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 16:34:53 GMT
Am 08/18/2012 04:38 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 08/18/2012 04:19 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>
>> wrote:

site sometime

rather than on the
explicitly the
cleanup to do but the
aware that it's

to the page you

Maybe

>>> Maybe not wrong but IMHO totally oudated since months and years and
>>> needs
>>> also a clean-up. ;-)
>>>

>> IMHO, It is almost always better to clean up (or replace) an existing
>> page at a well-known URL than to create an entirely new page at a new
>> URL. Why? Because the existing page is already linked to, both
>> internally and externally. So if we think the new content is relevant
>> to the purpose of the old webpage, e.g., information on ports, then we
>> should keep the old URL for it.
>
> Sure.
>
> Maybe we can make a deal, so that everybody has a little task:
>
> - I'll clean-up the porting homepage (at least the starting page)
> - Drew is adding text for the ports to the other webpage
> - I'll add this text also to the porting homepage
> - and you just need to keep the link in the announcement ;-)

I've updated the starting webpage at
"http://www.openoffice.org/porting/index.html":

@Maho,Pedro,Yuri,Nicolas:

Like stated with the other ports I would like to list your name and mail
address (if available, the Apache addresses):

- OpenSolaris by Adfinis SyGroup AG (Nicolas Christener)
- Solaris (Sparc and x86) by Adfinis SyGroup AG (Nicolas Christener)
- FreeBSD by Pedro Giffuni / Maho Nakata
- OS/2 by Yuri Dario

Is this OK for you?

Thanks

Marcus