incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 14:38:22 GMT

wrote:

> [...]
site sometime ago:

porting site

aware that it's

AOO

>>> The announcement current links to:  http://www.openoffice.org/porting/
>>>
>>> Is that the wrong place?  That URL is the top listing if someone
>>> searches Google for "openoffice ports.
>>

>> Maybe not wrong but IMHO totally oudated since months and years and needs
>> also a clean-up. ;-)
>>

> IMHO,  It is almost always better to clean up (or replace) an existing
> page at a well-known URL than to create an entirely new page at a new
> URL.  Why?  Because the existing page is already linked to, both
> internally and externally.  So if we think the new content is relevant
> to the purpose of the old webpage, e.g., information on ports, then we
> should keep the old URL for it.

Sure.

Maybe we can make a deal, so that everybody has a little task:

- I'll clean-up the porting homepage (at least the starting page)
- Drew is adding text for the ports to the other webpage
- I'll add this text also to the porting homepage
- and you just need to keep the link in the announcement ;-)

Marcus