incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: For AOO 3.5: rectify an omission in AOO 3.4
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 07:22:38 GMT
On 17.08.2012 19:16, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> In AOO 3.4 Impress and Draw, it is possible to name a slide/page.  Such names are shown
in Navigator, but are omitted on the Pages pane.  They were available in earlier OOo versions
(prob 3.3, but I can't check as I have no running OOo 3.3 or earlier) and can be useful at
various times in Handouts, Slide Sorting, and even in presentation preparation.  Could we
please have this reinstated?

No.  This is a feature, not a bug.  The page names are still available,
they are just displayed differently.  Hover your mouse over a slide in
the slide sorter and the page name appears below the slide, together
with a small menu that allows you to start the slideshow from that
slide, hide or show that slide, and duplicate it.

This was changed for project renaissance when the slide sorter was
redesigned and reimplemented.

-Andre