incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UX] DISCUSS - Survey Tool Recommendation
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 17:23:20 GMT
On 16/08/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Kevin Grignon wrote:
>> I've been looking at various survey tools and would like to recommend that
>> we deploy the open source survey tool, *LimeSurvey.*

Perfect. It is a good tool and it is in continuity with what the project
used to use, see my old e-mail at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201206.mbox/%3C4FEECC9A.3020905@apache.org%3E

> 1) A volunteer hosts the survey outside of Apache at their existing domain name
>
> 2) A volunteer hosts the survey outside of Apache and some pays $15 or
> so to get a better domain name for it, like www.oosurvey.net
>
> 3) A volunteer hosts the survey outside of Apache but we redirect the
> subdomain "survey.openoffice.org" to point to the external server

As I wrote in the same e-mail, Graham had written he had a working
LimeSurvey installation that he could make available to the project:
http://s.apache.org/wZ . So I'd try with that first, and I'd probably
prefer option 3 to keep all services under one namespace.

Regards,
   Andrea.