incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QA] TestLink Usage Guide
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:13:30 GMT
Li Feng Wang wrote:
>    I wrote a Wiki about TestLink Usage Guide,
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestLink
>    Hope to help you use TestLink.

Thanks, very good information. A couple of remarks:

1) Can testcases be translated? Of course one can create a scenario
where, say, all tests are translated into Italian; but maintaining and
updating translations will be much easier if TestLink supports
translations out of the box.

2) Can we establish a policy to use the "Export" function to archive
testcases in the OpenOffice SVN repository at regular intervals? This
will clarify any "intellectual property" issues and it will avoid
disasters similar to what happened with TCM, where we had hundreds of
testcases (translated into multiple languages) that were lost when
Oracle turned off TCM (or the server hosting it, or the DNS record for it).

Regards,
   Andrea.