incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Registration and Update Services - What Will Be The Load?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 10:55:25 GMT
Hi,

> Hi
>
> On 15.08.2012 19:05, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
>> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote on Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 16:32:21 +0200:
>>> Is it possible that somebody from the Apache Infrastructure can
>>> provide a view on which URL the traffic load was soo high that the
>>> servers got in trouble?
>>>

>> POST requests to /ProductUpdateService/check.Update file
>>

> I am currently investigating the server logs and will post my results later.

The trouble causing HTTP POST requests found in the server logs does not seem to
be related to the update function in former OOo versions.
I have investigated the update function HTTP requests from various former OOo
versions in the server logs. All of them provide content for the HTTP UserAgent
field. All of found HTTP POST request does not have such data.
Looking at some sample HTTP requests from one IP address reveals that the HTTP
requests from the update function are unrelated to the HTTP POST requests.
I investigated the HTTP traffic of update function from former OOo versions (OOo
2.2, OOo 2.3, OOo 2.3.1, OOo 2.4, OOo 3.x). None of these showed an HTTP POST
request.
I evaluated some server logs from days before the established redirects from
INFRA-5112. Here, I could not found any of such HTTP POST requests.
My conclusion is that there were another function in OOo which causes these HTTP
POST requests. OOo 3.2, OOo 3.2.1, OOo 3.3 does not seem to have such a
function, because the redirects for their update functions had been established
a couple of weeks ago and I did not found any HTTP POST requests.

In order to figure out what is going on here, I will follow up with Apache
infrastructure. I will report on ooo-dev, when I know more.

Best regards, Oliver.