incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build guide on download page?
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:07:26 GMT

On 08/16/2012 12:57 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 08/16/2012 06:34 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>> I think it might be a good idea to include a link to build information on
>> the download page.
>>
>> We could probably put this right under the heading for the source
>> section...
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html#tested-sdk
>>
>> Given the recent discussion on the [VOTE] thread for 3.4.1, it would be
>> great if we could get the build instructions better integrated in *one*
>> place and we can add this link to the source download section.
>>
>> Comments? Volunteers?
>
> Good idea. We just need to decide which webpage to link to.
>
> I've seen in another thread that Dave had some problems to build AOO. It
> seems we have (at least) 2 webpages that describe how to build on your
> own. So ...
>
> Marcus

Right, so here is a question/idea.

Andre pointed Dave to this wiki page --

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

we also have a bunch of build flags for each environment listed on:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1

Should we either 1) incorporate the build flags on Building_Guide_AOO page

or 2) link to them from the Building_Guide_AOO page

Also, I will change the link on the source page in the project site to
go to Building_Guide_AOO instead of the one that is there now.

Rob placed a message on the old Building Guide page, but perhaps it will
be overlooked.

Long story short, why don't we plan on putting a link to
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

at the top of source section in other.html and deal with build flags
separately...

MzK

"Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think."
                                    -- Niels Bohr