incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] AOO 3.4.1 Release Announcement for Review
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:30:33 GMT
Am 08/16/2012 08:06 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> Comments are welcome.
> Some updates I know we'll need are:
> 1) The 11 million downloads claim will go to 12 or 13 depending on
> when we release
> 2) The defect fix count should be updated.  Does anyone have an
> accurate count?  I think we want to count only net bugs fixed compared
> to AOO 3.4.0, not bugs that we both introduced and fixed in AOO 3.4.1.
> Perhaps we can take comments for a day or so, and I'll update to
> reflect feedback.  At that point volunteers might prepare
> translations.   Any translations we have at release time I can link to
> from the blog post.

I've only 2 points:

"OpenOffice 3.4.1 can be downloaded now from
or by going to the the Help/Check for Updates dialog within OpenOffice."

Wouldn't it be better to change the link directly to the download
section ( Especially as the
one-click-download on our starting portal page is no longer available.
So, the user has to come to ".../download/index.html" anyway.

"We are targeting January 2013 for Apache OpenOffice 3.5.0."

I'm surprised to see already a date for 3.5.0. Have I missed a thread
with this? Even when, I would prefer to read a timeframe like "... first
quarter of 2013" or if you really want "... beginning of first quarter
of 2013" ...".

Otherwise I fear that we could again have a problem to keep the release

My 2 ct.

Otherwise really good text. :-)

View raw message