incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating), RC2
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:22:23 GMT

at http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions for Mac Builds?

doesn't seem exactly like what was used for 3.4.0?

that I have them from my AOO 3.4 tests build.

>>> I am stuck and I am stopping. I am very unhappy with the instructions on the
WIki page. I needed help with 3.4 and now I need help with 3.4.1.

the Wiki based on http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions

>> Dave,
>>
>> Did you see this page:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-buildflags
>>
>> That has the build steps and flags used for the binaries we'll be
>> releasing.  There is no single "right way" to build AOO.  There are
>> variations that will enable or disable various optional features.  But
>> if you want the same thing as what is in the release, the above link
>> has the info you want.
>
> This should be linked to from the source package README and also on the 4 build mwiki
pages that are linked to from the source.

For now yes but in the future I would change the README to link to the
new AOO Building Guide and would link to the used flags for our binary
builds from there.

> I won't know until tomorrow because my cpan config is broken and I now need LWP::UserAgent
to download the external dependencies.

what exactly is your problem Dave, I am sure we can help you. It seems
that we have a lot of room for improvements to insert further checks
etc. and to update the documentation.

@Rob, do we have any statistics about download numbers of the src release?

Juergen