incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE]: Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating), RC2
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:31:50 GMT

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions for Mac Builds?

>>> Minimally this then points to http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AquaBuild this
doesn't seem exactly like what was used for 3.4.0?

>>> Would someone check the Build instructions and then update to be very clear what
is current.

>>> I am proceeding with my tests as if the prerequisites have not changed and that
I have them from my AOO 3.4 tests build.

>> I am stuck and I am stopping. I am very unhappy with the instructions on the WIki
page. I needed help with 3.4 and now I need help with 3.4.1.

Wiki based on http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXBuildInstructions

>> BTW - Remember that SOURCE is the ONLY OFFICIAL RELEASE.
>>

> That is your opinion, expressed loudly;  it is not Apache or IPMC
> policy.   We are officially voting on binaries as well and these are
> being inspected and these will be part of the official release.  The
> IPMC doc calls the source artifacts "canonical", but the same docs
> talk about binaries being included in the official release as well.
> In fact, it says of binary packages, "For some projects, this makes
> sense. For others, it does not."  Obviously you have your own opinion
> on this, but it is equally true that the vast majority of PPMC members
> have a different opinion.
>
> -Rob

Rob,

Please consider the blistering email from Roy T. Fielding, to
general@inc and to infra, on 3/27, 05:50, opposing "released' binaries.
IMHO, he will need to change his mind. OTOH, he is a founder and board
member ...

(Sorry for no neat refs; I keep my own archives :-) )
/tj/