incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linux install instructions
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:42:19 GMT
On 14.08.2012 15:05, Rob Weir wrote:
> I just noticed this new article.  It seems to have a complete
> description, including uninstalling LO and blocking future updates:
>
> http://www.tecmint.com/install-apache-openoffice-3-4-0-on-rhel-centos-6-3-5-8-and-fedora-17-16/
>
> Does anyone see any technical errors?  If not we might want to link to it.

I did not read everything in detail but what I read looks good.
Except maybe step 4:  the disabling of automatic updates of openoffice
from the package repository.
Should we ever setup our own repository (see below) or add our packages
to the official repositories then the changes had to be undone.
But who would remember these changes to /etc/yum.conf?

-Andre

PS: I have been playing around some more with metapackages (deb and rpm)
and are now able to setup a local repository for Ubuntu 12.04 and Fedora
17 and install Apache OpenOffice from them.   This is pretty simple.  If
we would try to setup an "official" Apache package repository we would
have more problems with integrating download mirrors.