incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From TJ Frazier <>
Subject Re: Need MWiki Admin assistance to correct Google Analytics code
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:27:53 GMT
On 8/13/2012 23:09, Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Aug 13, 2012, at 4:39 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:
>> On 8/13/2012 17:20, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> On Aug 13, 2012, at 1:35 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>>> No response to this note or BZ issue :-(
>>>> I'm told that we have only two people who have sys admin access to the
>>>> wiki:  imacat and Raphael.
>>>> I appreciate that we're all busy with many other things, but I'd
>>>> greatly appreciate it if this change can be made.  It should be easy
>>>> since Google Analytics is already integrated.  We just need to update
>>>> the account codes.
>>> I am also looking for help from the MWiki Admin to complete the activation of It looks like the ATS code needs to recognize the URL (or MWiki does).
The httpd config is simple so the trouble is not there.
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>> Dave,
>> AFAIK, Mwiki is only listening on, or some such, with ATS on the other
end. I know of no one with ATS expertise (I would like to complain about stale pages), but
it /is/ an active Apache project ...
> BTW - The MWiki now answers to
>, and are
all redirected to
> This all happens in DNS and Apache Traffic Server.
> Please describe the stale page problem.
> Regards,
> Dave
Thanks for your work; the users will appreciate it.

The "stale page" problem has been on the back burner for several 
reasons: (1) it is "flaky" (unable to reproduce to order); (2) there is 
a 100% workaround, although tricky: see
  (which, looking up the above link, I just this minute needed to use!); 
and (3) the cache times out on its own, eventually.

Most commonly, I land on a page displaying the "Log In / Create Account" 
link. Sometimes (like today) I need to log in; other times I see the 
"You are logged in as" dialog, with the login box all filled out. 
Whatever I do, the subsequent display still shows the un-logged-in page. 
Rarely, I am already logged in, and link to a page which displays "Log 
In" (frequently not in English; usually German).
Worst, after editing a page and saving, the subsequent display shows the 
unchanged original (scary!). In all cases, the "&purge=1" returns to 

You can see on the ML's that other users hit the same problem. I refer 
them to "Moving Day".

I attribute the problem to ATS, only because I never saw it until ATS 
was added (not definitive). So far, I have not seen any stale pages 
logged in to another user, as I did at Collabnet. That would be a major 
security breach, and I would raise hell.

Thanks for listening. Anything you can do about it would be a big help.

>> /tj/
>>>> Thanks!
>>>> -Rob
>>>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Rob Weir <> wrote:
>>>>> I need some help, from a MWiki admin, to fix the issue reported here:
>>>>> I tried a JIRA issue with Infra, but they said that our admins need to
>>>>> handle this.
>>>>> I'd be happy to do this myself, but I don't have permissions.
>>>>> Thanks!
>>>>> -Rob

View raw message