incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject update service for not released languages [was: Re: Registration]
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:35:52 GMT
Hi,

On 09.08.2012 22:23, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>> On 07.08.2012 23:44, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> I created a page with this content at
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/legacy/thankyou.html
>> May be we can use it also for our update service. It could be the
>> landing page for users of legacy OOo versions for whose language we do
>> not have a released package.
>
> For those cases it would be better to wait until 3.4.1 is out, then provide, for
> unsupported languages, some "beta/RC" builds or langpacks based on the same SVN
> revision and the SDF files we have now and create a page saying something like
> "your language is not officially supported, but you can help us [links to
> unofficial builds and instructions]". But this is just an idea that we can
> discuss after 3.4.1 is released.

Yes, I would definitely wait until AOO 3.4.1 is out.

Having unofficial language packs for our unsupported languages would be a good
idea, esp. to attract some new volunteers for translations.

I will keep your's and Rob's idea in mind for my planned future work on the
update service.

Best regards, Oliver.