incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quickstarter
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 07:16:04 GMT
On 09.08.2012 19:51, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 08/09/2012 12:38 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently testing a fix for showstopper bug 120476.  I am doing
>> this on a 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04 (building install sets is an order of
>> magnitude faster than on windows.)  During that I observed a hang when
>> closing the office.  It is caused by the quickstarter: starting
>> OpenOffice with the command line option -quickstart=no lets me close the
>> office cleanly.
>>
>> Now my question: did we activate the quickstarter on Linux on purpose?
>> If so, we may have a small problem at least on Ubuntu 12.04 and probably
>> on any Linux that uses a GTK based UI that is not Gnome-2: I have no
>> quickstarter button anywhere on the screen, that would a) indicate that
>> the quickstarter is active and that b) would allow me to deactivate it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andre
>
> Andre--
>
> see this conversation about enabling quickstarter
>
> http://markmail.org/message/bjoks73rwt7jp6gr

Ah, thanks.  I remember now that I had seen this. (but due to switching
my mail account I could no longer find it with my mail reader)

> Apparently, there was some concern that we weren't consistent with
> different platforms and I believe the consensus was to enable it for
> all platforms (though I was dissenting on this).

I we want to keep it then we should think about providing an icon (with
context menu) for all platforms that don't have one at the moment
(probably any modern GTK based Linux).