incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quickstarter
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 17:51:25 GMT

On 08/09/2012 12:38 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently testing a fix for showstopper bug 120476.  I am doing
> this on a 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04 (building install sets is an order of
> magnitude faster than on windows.)  During that I observed a hang when
> closing the office.  It is caused by the quickstarter: starting
> OpenOffice with the command line option -quickstart=no lets me close the
> office cleanly.
>
> Now my question: did we activate the quickstarter on Linux on purpose?
> If so, we may have a small problem at least on Ubuntu 12.04 and probably
> on any Linux that uses a GTK based UI that is not Gnome-2: I have no
> quickstarter button anywhere on the screen, that would a) indicate that
> the quickstarter is active and that b) would allow me to deactivate it.
>
> Regards,
> Andre

Andre--

see this conversation about enabling quickstarter

http://markmail.org/message/bjoks73rwt7jp6gr

Apparently, there was some concern that we weren't consistent with
different platforms and I believe the consensus was to enable it for all
platforms (though I was dissenting on this).

Use Options -> Tools -> Memory to disable it.

(Also some discussion about making this more "user friendly".)

MzK

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music.
  As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool."
                               -- Eddie Van Halen