incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Quickstarter
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 07:38:20 GMT
Hi,

I am currently testing a fix for showstopper bug 120476.  I am doing
this on a 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04 (building install sets is an order of
magnitude faster than on windows.)  During that I observed a hang when
closing the office.  It is caused by the quickstarter: starting
OpenOffice with the command line option -quickstart=no lets me close the
office cleanly.

Now my question: did we activate the quickstarter on Linux on purpose?
If so, we may have a small problem at least on Ubuntu 12.04 and probably
on any Linux that uses a GTK based UI that is not Gnome-2: I have no
quickstarter button anywhere on the screen, that would a) indicate that
the quickstarter is active and that b) would allow me to deactivate it.

Regards,
Andre