incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Registration
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 06:34:54 GMT
Hi,

>>> http://registration2.services.openoffice.org/
>>> http://survey.services.openoffice.org/
>>> to something that explains that OpenOffice.org is now at Apache.
>> So it might make sense to send them to the download page?  Or a
>> custom/new page that says:
>> a) Thank you for installing OOo
>> b) OOo is now at Apache
>> c) The latest version is AOO 3.4.  You can get it here (give download link)
>> d) Useful extensions and templates are here (give links)
>> e) If you want to stay informed about new releases and other
>> announcements, here is our announcement link, Twitter account, etc.
>
> I created a page with this content at
> http://www.openoffice.org/legacy/thankyou.html

This page looks good.

May be we can use it also for our update service. It could be the landing page
for users of legacy OOo versions for whose language we do not have a released
package. Currently, the update service for such legacy OOo versions is not active.

Best regards, Oliver.