incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: RTF issues
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 18:51:45 GMT
Hi Bob,

Bob Self schrieb:
> Regina,
> The issues with saving to RTF with the latest version of Open Office
> have made it "Un-Useable" !
> and it has worked so wonderfully on previous versions!
>
> the page break codes no longer work
> the assigned page numbers no longer work
> apostrophe's and dashes now become oriental symbols
>
> there may be other issues, but these are consistent
> and make it impossible for me to use my notes
>
> is there any chance we can get these codes repaired to what they have
> been for many years?

Currently there are no intentions to change it back. Both methods give
valid RTF files. AOO (and LibreOffice) define a page break as property
of a paragraph. That is reflected in the RTF now. The old way
corresponds to a page break, which is created by inserting a special
character.

I have no solution for you. Using old OpenOffice.org versions is not
recommended, because they do not contain all security fixes. Perhaps
someone else has an idea that helps you.

Kind regards
Regina