incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Registration
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 21:44:15 GMT
On 23/07/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> So I'd propose to ask Infra to redirect the whole domains
>> https://registration2.services.openoffice.org/
>> http://registration2.services.openoffice.org/
>> http://survey.services.openoffice.org/
>> to something that explains that OpenOffice.org is now at Apache.
> So it might make sense to send them to the download page?  Or a
> custom/new page that says:
> a) Thank you for installing OOo
> b) OOo is now at Apache
> c) The latest version is AOO 3.4.  You can get it here (give download link)
> d) Useful extensions and templates are here (give links)
> e) If you want to stay informed about new releases and other
> announcements, here is our announcement link, Twitter account, etc.

I created a page with this content at
http://www.openoffice.org/legacy/thankyou.html

If we have lazy consensus (i.e., no objections in 72 hours or so) on
this, I'll then proceed and ask Infra to redirect all legacy links to
this page. This includes the whole subdomains above and, if someone
manages to find it, the URL OpenOffice opens when one uninstalls version
3.3.

Regards,
   Andrea.