incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Ubuntu package for building AOO
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 15:02:19 GMT
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that over the weekend I played around
with Ubuntu metapackages and came up with one that pulls in all
packages that have to be installed in order to build Apache OpenOffice.

I have put the relevant files in my public_html directory on
people.apache.org.  Try it out by adding it as additional package
repository and install package "build-aoo".

A. With the synaptic package manager:

     1. Open the repositories dialog via menu Settings->Repositories

     2. Select tab page "Other Software"

     3. Click the "Add..." button

     4. Fill in after "APT line:"
        deb http://people.apache.org/~af/repository/ ./

     5. Close all dialogs.

     6. Update package list by clicking on the "Reload" button of the
tool bar.

B. or via the command line:

     1. Add these lines to /etc/apt/sources.list

         deb http://people.apache.org/~af/repository/ ./
         deb-src http://people.apache.org/~af/repository/ ./

     2. Execute in a shell

        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install build-aoo

The build-aoo metapackage is not signed and on installation you will
be asked whether you want to install it anyway.

Comments are welcome.

Andre