incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What to say in AOO 3.4.1 release announcement about the ports? (BSD, Solaris, OS/2)?
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 20:33:29 GMT
On 31/07/2012 drew wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 14:36 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> "Community members are also working on BSD, Solaris and OS/2 ports,
>> with plans to release these outside of Apache." ...
>> I think there is some logic to mentioning them in the
>> release announcement.  But work that happens entirely outside of the
>> project, like portable applications versions, would not get a mention.
> I would disagree, somewhat, in that personal preference would be to
> include the 2 or 3 portable 'wrapper' distributors as this has seemed to
> be of interest to quite a few folks in the past.

I can see the reasons to mention ports that are done by project members
but are released outside the project; but I agree with Drew that final
users probably have more interest in a portable version for Windows, so
(while still labeling them as unofficial and external to the project) it
would be good to list the portable version(s) available.

Regards,
   Andrea.