incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: credits.html
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 21:09:14 GMT
Am 08/03/2012 01:49 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 4:20 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt
> <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> On 8/3/12 10:14 AM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
>>> Hi, all,
>>>    I noticed that the installer will contains a credits page:
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html . But this page looks
>>> obsolete. Maybe we should update it, or redirect it to
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html ?
>>
>> but this page is out dated and incomplete as well.
>>

> AOO 3.4.0 pointed to credits.html as well.   It should be easy to update.
>
> Committers and Mentors are listed here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand this page as "I'm declaring with my name that I will help
to bring this new Apache Incubator project forward." and it is needed -
due to some Apache process - to document the status of this project.

It's not directly connected with the status as a committer. It will be
vanish when the graduation was succesful someday and we have to think
about a new way to show and thank our contributors/committers/helpers/etc.

Anyway, I can combine the content of both pages in a single one.

> We can also get list of other contributions by svn log | grep " by:"
> to find "Patch by:", "Reported by:", etc.

Good idea.

> Or, since this is a wiki, we could just send a note to ooo-dev asking
> for people to add themselves.  That is the simplest.

Of course, this should always work. ;-)

Marcus