incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] activation of update service for OOo 3.1 and OOo 3.1.1
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 13:13:13 GMT
Hi,

On 03.08.2012 14:59, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> No objections so far.
>>> Thus, I will go ahead.
>>>
>>> First, I will ask Apache Infrastructure to establish the needed redirect
>>> from
>>> [2] to [3]. In the meanwhile I will create the corresponding XML document
>>> for
>>> this update service. I am planning to activate it after our Apache
>>> OpenOffice
>>> (incubating) 3.4.1 release.
>>>
>>> [2]
>>> http://update32.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>>> [3]
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update32/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
>>>

>> I have submitted JIRA issue INFRA-5112 [4] requesting to establish the
>> needed redirect. I am asking Apache Infrastructure to establish the redirect
>> until 2012-08-15 in order to reach out our users of OOo 3.1 and OOo 3.1.1
>> instance just in time with our planned AOO 3.4.1 release.
>>

> Why only until 2012-08-15?  Could we make this be permanent?

Sorry, that was some kind of "my insufficient translation from German to English".
I meant to request that the redirect should be established by at least 2012-08-15.
I have also updated the text in the JIRA issue [4].

Best regards, Oliver.