incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] activation of update service for OOo 3.1 and OOo 3.1.1
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 07:51:29 GMT
Hi,

>> in order to avoid that somebody has missed the stuff ongoing regarding the
>> update service for OOo 3.1 and OOo 3.1.1:
>> In another thread - see [1] - Rob asked for the update service for OOo 3.1 and
>> OOo 3.1.1. Nobody objects so far. But this was somehow hidden in another thread.
>> Thus, I am bringing it up to its own thread.
>>
>> I will start working on this task, if nobody objects.
>>
>> [1] http://markmail.org/message/3fwnjrk7isyt5wa4
>>

> No objections so far.
> Thus, I will go ahead.
>
> First, I will ask Apache Infrastructure to establish the needed redirect from
> [2] to [3]. In the meanwhile I will create the corresponding XML document for
> this update service. I am planning to activate it after our Apache OpenOffice
> (incubating) 3.4.1 release.
>
> [2] http://update32.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
> [3] http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update32/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

I have submitted JIRA issue INFRA-5112 [1] requesting to establish the needed
redirect. I am asking Apache Infrastructure to establish the redirect until
2012-08-15 in order to reach out our users of OOo 3.1 and OOo 3.1.1 instance
just in time with our planned AOO 3.4.1 release.

Best regards, Oliver.