incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: potential release blocker
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 15:00:46 GMT
On 8/2/12 1:31 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 8/2/12 12:58 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

>>> no, I haven't noticed this, I was focused on the base icon ;-)
>>
>> and I know why I haven't noticed it, I have checked it again on my
>> Windows machine and the only icon that is missing is that from Base ;-)
>>
>> I hate such problems...
>
> I am still have no real idea what going wrong and I am rebuilding
> currently the same version to ensure that it is no build problem (but I
> hope it is :-)).
>
> As I mentioned earlier when you watch the properties, you will see the
> correct icon. When you now click on change icon and double click the
> icon (which is the only available icon in sbase.exe) and apply the
> change everything is ok in the Start Menu.
>
> Even a restart of windows after the installation won't help.
>
> I am no expert but I would guess that the icon in the Start Menu is
> extracted from the exe where it seems to be ok.

It is no showstopper issue for me. It seems a problem with the icon cash
of Windows.

We did several tests with a new build but also with the already uploaded.

- Andre was able to reproduce it with the uploaded builds but not with
the new one
- Oliver tried both builds on different machines and the icon was always
correct. On 1 machine it was an upgrade from OOo3.3 with the other icons
- I was able to reproduce it on my machine with both builds

The sbase.exe contains the correct icon and as I mentioned earlier with
manually selecting and applying the icon via properties it worked.

I tried also to delete the IconCash, the first time I did probably
something wrong but the second time the cache were new created and then
it worked as well.

See http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/49819-icon-cache-rebuild.html

Because of the fact that the sbase.exe contains the correct icon, we
have no idea what we could change here and you can find the problem via
a simple search with other apps in Windows, it is no showstopper issue
for me.

Please continue further testing on this snapshot build. As soon as the
Linux builds are uploaded I would like to start a new vote. Yes a new
vote over the weekend because many of you have already started testing
and the changes were minimal and the last one only for the src release.

Juergen