incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <>
Subject [RELEASE][3.4.1]: release blocker
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 10:22:51 GMT

I would like to bring up a new issue for our upcoming release. Thanks to
Ariel who brought this to my attention.

It is related to our external tarballs where we never got a 100% clear

- we host them in ooo/ext_sources
- Pedro has already move cat-b stuff to ooo-extras on apache-extras
- these tar balls are not part of our src release, they are checked in
there for convenience and when we started the project we had to find a
place for them to move forward
- the tar balls get downloaded on demand during the bootstrap process in
our build process
- but as fallback only if the original source is not available.
- the svn Url is referenced in the external_deps.lst file which is part
of the src release

Our SVN Url will change if we potentially graduate. This change will
break our src release.

To avoid potential -1 votes from IPMC members or mentors for the 3.4.1
release and potential problems with our planned graduation I suggest
that we fix this problem for 3.4.1. I hate to say that but it means that
we have to rebuilt again. But it will avoid potential problems.

The related issue is

This change will only affect the src release builds but we have to pack
the office again to include the new version number.

I will keep you informed

View raw message