incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Registration
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 23:53:51 GMT

>>> http://registration2.services.openoffice.org/
>>> http://survey.services.openoffice.org/
>>> to something that explains that OpenOffice.org is now at Apache.
>> So it might make sense to send them to the download page?  Or a
>> custom/new page that says:
>> a) Thank you for installing OOo
>> b) OOo is now at Apache
>> c) The latest version is AOO 3.4.  You can get it here (give download link)
>> d) Useful extensions and templates are here (give links)
>> e) If you want to stay informed about new releases and other
>> announcements, here is our announcement link, Twitter account, etc.
>
> I created a page with this content at
> http://www.openoffice.org/legacy/thankyou.html
>
> If we have lazy consensus (i.e., no objections in 72 hours or so) on this, I'll then
proceed and ask Infra to redirect all legacy links to this page. This includes the whole subdomains
above and, if someone manages to find it, the URL OpenOffice opens when one uninstalls version
3.3.

Let me know when the JIRA is ready.

There will be two parts.

(1) DNS - Change these subdomain IPs to be ooo-site.apache.org

(2) httpd.conf - permanently redirect anything on the list of domains to this new page.

I'll just need the domains and no the http / https.

I just got Infra to do the patches to DNS for forum.oo.o and wiki.oo.o (for imacat: more work
to do with the Apache Traffic Server config on the MWiki.) I think these will be quick.

Regards,
Dave