incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposed PMC Chair nomination process
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:46:43 GMT

On Aug 23, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I'm not comfortable having a PMC Chair election and nomination on ooo-dev.
>>

> It appears the IPMC was able to do this for their own Chair.

Well they were able to reach consensus, but this was after a very, very long set of discussions
that backed into selecting a new Chair. The discussion was not initially about the Chair.

>> I also agree that we should form the PMC membership first.
>>

> See  my response to Dennis on  this.  There is no PMC here, only a PPMC.

Certainly and already replied. Maybe we should just call it the once and future PMC and stop
having a silly semantic argument.

I've written what I want to say about this today and will now go back to work.

Regards,
Dave

>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> On Aug 23, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> I suggest that the initial Project Management Committee (PMC) needs to be identified
before the election of a Chair from that body is undertaken.

>>> Also, this seems like a very good time to review, for the benefit of all here,
what the duties of PMC members are and, with respect to that, what the specific responsibilities
of the Chair are and what the special standing of the Chair is so its accountability can be
carried out.