incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] AOO 3.4.1 Release Announcement for Review
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:43:37 GMT

On Aug 16, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 08/16/2012 08:06 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=announcing_apache_openoffice_3_4
>>
>> Comments are welcome.
>>
>> Some updates I know we'll need are:
>>
>> 1) The 11 million downloads claim will go to 12 or 13 depending on
>> when we release
>>
>> 2) The defect fix count should be updated.  Does anyone have an
>> accurate count?  I think we want to count only net bugs fixed compared
>> to AOO 3.4.0, not bugs that we both introduced and fixed in AOO 3.4.1.
>>
>> Perhaps we can take comments for a day or so, and I'll update to
>> reflect feedback.  At that point volunteers might prepare
>> translations.   Any translations we have at release time I can link to
>> from the blog post.
>
> I've only 2 points:
>
> 1.
> "OpenOffice 3.4.1 can be downloaded now from http://www.openoffice.org or by going to
the the Help/Check for Updates dialog within OpenOffice."

In addition we know that the Check for Updates only works for version >= 3.2 (correct?)

> Wouldn't it be better to change the link directly to the download section (http://www.openoffice.org/download/)?
Especially as the one-click-download on our starting portal page is no longer available. So,
the user has to come to ".../download/index.html" anyway.

> 2.
> "We are targeting January 2013 for Apache OpenOffice 3.5.0."
>
> I'm surprised to see already a date for 3.5.0. Have I missed a thread with this? Even
when, I would prefer to read a timeframe like "... first quarter of 2013" or if you really
want "... beginning of first quarter of 2013" ...".

> Otherwise I fear that we could again have a problem to keep the release date.
>
> My 2 ct.
>
> Otherwise really good text. :-)

Regards,
Dave