incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject [Discuss] Triage of Brainstorming
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:31:00 GMT

In due course, when we've all had a little rest after the release of AOO 3.4.1, it will be
necessary to do some triage work on the Brainstorming, so that the most requested changes
make their way onto the planning table for AOO 4.0.  Many of the suggestions can be amalgamated,
for example improved doc/docx, xls/xlsx etc support; within reason these can all be amalgamated
into "improved support for MS Office formats, current and legacy".  Other suggestions are
readily achievable by existing faciites in OpenOffice; such requests might indicate need for
better education of Users or more accessible documentation/tutorials.

Supposing that the Brainstorm is continued beyond AOO 4.0, should we prune it in the light
of whatever choices are made for AOO 4.0; should we also register comments against some of
the already readily achievable functions, to give pointers to (say) the Forums and/or tutorials
which indicate how to do that function?

Could we have some discussion on how best to analyse and progress the current nearly 300 suggestions
[as of date of posting)

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>